Enjoy Kenya with Kenya Tutembee
Kenya boasts spectacular natural beauty and bountiful herds of wildlife, and is renowned for the annual Great Migration of millions of herbivores across the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem. The Masai Mara National Reserve is arguably Kenya's premier wilderness highspot, home to the famous Big Five and much more. Kenya is also a birdwatcher's paradise, with over 1 000 species recorded.
- The Maasai tribe tend their cattle alongside wildlife in the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Over 1,000 bird species
- Millions of flamingos breed on Lake Nakuru
- The beautiful tropical island of Lamu on the coast is a World Heritage Site
- The Great Migration - one of the seven new wonders of the world
- Diving the coral reefs at tropical Mombasa
- The black-maned lions of the Masai Mara
Kenya has over 12 national wildlife parks, including Amboseli, the Masai Mara and the Great Rift Valley. It is home to endangered species, marine parks and the Great Migration - the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth.
Mount Kenya is the second highest mountain in Africa
Kenya is situated on the equator
The best view of Mount Kilimanjaro is from Amboseli National Park in Kenya
The country is named after Mount Kenya
- The Kikuyu believe Mount Kenya is home of the Supreme Being: Ngai
The Masai Mara National Reserve
The Masai Mara National Reserve was named for the Maasai people who inhabit the area, and for the Mara River, which flows through this great reserve. It shares a border with Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park and is essentially a continuation of this park, forming the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem.
The Masai Mara is home to an excellent year-round concentration of game and is renowned for its annual visit by the two million animals that make up the Great Migration. Covering an impressive 1 115 km² (430 square miles), the Masai Mara is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife and endless plains. The Masai Mara was made famous by the book Out of Africa by Karen Blixen, which was later made into a movie starring Robert Redford and Meryl Streep.
• The annual Great Migration
• Renowned for its black-maned lions
• Close-up sightings of cheetah
• Scenic hot air balloon safaris across the vast plains
• Excellent photographic opportunities